Canon PIXMA iX6550 Driver Download
Review– If you are trying to print a large notice, a motivational poster or covers for an A4 document, an A4 printer is simply not enough. Fortunately, there are a growing number of A3 devices around and not have to cost the earth to buy. Canon PIXMA iX6550 is a device A3 full-bleed costs less than £ 160 and is designed to be quick with it.
Yet another printer finished with a high gloss black top, at least, it has textured black around its sides so that there is a clear area of less than free of fingerprints. It is a medium-format printer, the paper tray at the back and the output tray at the front increase the footprint of the machine considerably, but since both are telescopic, you do not have to have them fully extended when you print sizes little ones. The printer can take paper up to 15 x 10 cm and up to A3, with borderless printing up all the way.
The only physical controls are two silver buttons on the front panel for Power and Job Cancel. No memory card slots or PictBridge socket / USB, which seems odd. It always seems odd that a printer designed for larger paper, which inevitably to homes and businesses where there is a greater interest in the photos was, should not have direct access to files.
While acknowledging card slots also have an LCD display for image selection, a PictBridge socket costs very little to implement and enables photos to be printed directly from a camera, using the camera monitor for selection.
A single USB port on the back is the only method of connection data and software that provides Windows and OS X, it does not go much beyond a conductor and Easy-PhotoPrint and Canon Solution Menu applets. The driver is well designed and capable of handling all the key features of the PIXMA iX6550.
Lift the top cover and changes in head support carriage to the center position, so you can shorten the semi-permanent print head and five ink cartridges. These include two blacks, one for text printing on plain paper and the other for the photo, black to accentuate the darker gray scales in the photos.
How to Install Printer Without a CD
- Place the computer and printer next to each other and make sure that all cables are connected to the printer and computer
- Turning on the computer and wait for it to boot
- Connect the printer to the wall and then take the USB cable attached to the printer and plug it into the appropriate port on the computer
- Turn on the printer
- Click on the “Start menu” and go to “Control Panel”
- Search for “Printers and hardware” and click the box on it
- Grab your mouse and click on “Add a printer”
- When you see the “Welcome to the add printer wizard”, click “Next”
- Click “automatically detect and install a plug and play printer” on the page add printer wizard. Click “Next”
- Installing the printer will start if the network can automatically detect it. If not, the message can not detect will appear and you will be prompted to install the printer manually. Click “Next”
- Select the printer port. Use the recommended port to set the best choice.
- Click “Next” Select the manufacturer and printer. Click “Next”
- Type a name or confirm the name if it appears in the printer box and set as the default printer if you want. Click “Next”
- Print a test page which will make sure the printer is set up and online. Click “Next”
- Receive messages successfully complete the printer installation. Click “Finish”
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X
Canon PIXMA iX6550 Driver Download For Windows
Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows Vista Windows XP
OS X 10,6 OS X 10,7 OS X 10,8 OS X 10,9 OS X 10,10