Canon PIXMA iX6800 Driver Download
Review– This A3, the Canon PIXMA iX6850 printer is a high-quality compact model designed for the home fans and small businesses instead of busy offices. It’s cheap too. The list price is only £ 220. This price drop is what makes it possible to start the printing A3 leave the office and start making inroads into the domestic market.
The advantages of being able to print in A3 format are clear. Business users can issue large spreadsheets on one page without making them too small to read. Photographers can output your images on the large size without taking them to your local photo lab events and posters and brochures can be produced at home instead of in a printing press.
The Canon PIXMA iX6850 is the cheaper of the two A3 printers introduced with Canon 2.014 refresh. If you want to spend a little more, there is also the Canon PIXMA iP8750, which adds features such as direct printing of records, lab-quality photos, and a sixth ink tank, but £ 349 RRP is significantly more expensive.
Neither iX6850 or iP8750 are all-in-ones, multifunction devices, so do not expect to scan or copy them. For system requirements, the Canon PIXMA iX6850 is compatible with Windows XP SP3 or later and Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later.
Although inkjet A3 is not as common as the A4 models, the Canon PIXMA iX6850 is even against stiff competition. Epson Stylus Photo 1400 is a bit basic, but it is very affordable for a six-tank photo printer. Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II itself is fast and produces excellent prints in color, and the Brother MFC-J6510DW is well built and includes scanning and copying features, although not excel in any area. For the photo enthusiast, the Canon PIXMA Pro-1 offers the 12-ink system for an incredible range of colors, but is heavy, and as expected, expensive. It’s great for serious photographers and design professionals, however.
As mentioned above, the Canon PIXMA iX6850 is surprisingly compact for an A3 printer, measuring just 58.4x31x15.9cm and weighing 8.1kg. If you are cramped space, this is certainly a commendable asset. This is accomplished by dropping the paper and the use of a rear sheet feeder as the only input source. No display and no ports for USB sticks or memory cards so if you want to print your photos, you have to transfer them to your computer first. Duplex does not expect either.
How to Install Printer Without a CD
- Place the computer and printer next to each other and make sure that all cables are connected to the printer and computer
- Turning on the computer and wait for it to boot
- Connect the printer to the wall and then take the USB cable attached to the printer and plug it into the appropriate port on the computer
- Turn on the printer
- Click on the “Start menu” and go to “Control Panel”
- Search for “Printers and hardware” and click the box on it
- Grab your mouse and click on “Add a printer”
- When you see the “Welcome to the add printer wizard”, click “Next”
- Click “automatically detect and install a plug and play printer” on the page add printer wizard. Click “Next”
- Installing the printer will start if the network can automatically detect it. If not, the message can not detect will appear and you will be prompted to install the printer manually. Click “Next”
- Select the printer port. Use the recommended port to set the best choice.
- Click “Next” Select the manufacturer and printer. Click “Next”
- Type a name or confirm the name if it appears in the printer box and set as the default printer if you want. Click “Next”
- Print a test page which will make sure the printer is set up and online. Click “Next”
- Receive messages successfully complete the printer installation. Click “Finish”
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X
Canon PIXMA iX6800 Driver Download For Windows
Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows Vista Windows XP
OS X 10,6 OS X 10,7 OS X 10,8 OS X 10,9 OS X 10,10