HP Deskjet 5550 Driver Download
You will need to reserve a space for the 5550dtn, which measures 32.8 by 28.3 by 24.8 inches (HWD), but the installation is surprisingly simple. The model comes in a cart with wheels, so it only takes one person to toss the giant 246 pounds out of the box and its standing position. The four toner cartridges are the only components that must be installed. The network configuration follows the usual HP approach, with its fully automated network installation. And HP Jetadmin Web remains one of the best remote administration packages available.
The results of our performance tests (using hardware and software for QualityLogic synchronization, were good for business applications and impressive for photos.) The total time 5550dtn our suite of business applications was 9 minutes 3 seconds. Ricoh CL7100D. For 06:40 for photos, however, it surprised the 5550dtn CL7100D, an average of 17 seconds for each 4 by 6-inch photo and 19 seconds for every 8 by 10. The CL7100D averaged about 3 minutes per photo For both sizes.
The output quality is at the upper end for color laser printers. Qualify the text as excellent, the graphics are very good, no serious defects, and the photos are good, delayed mainly by soft posterization. The best scores for any color laser are just a better notch on the high end of very good for graphics and the upper end of the good for photos.
The 5550dtn is a bit weak in handling the paper. Its monthly duty cycle of 120,000 pages is relatively low, and no stacker, finisher or finish option. However, HP says the printer is designed to accept possible future paper handling options, including some third parties. The good news is that it can handle super-sized tabloid paper (1205 by 18.5 inches). This makes the 5550dtn HP Color LaserJet of special interest to graphic artists or DTP users who need to print large-scale testing of tabloids and lots of photos.
How to Install Printer Without a CD
- Place the computer and printer next to each other and make sure that all cables are connected to the printer and computer
- Turning on the computer and wait for it to boot
- Connect the printer to the wall and then take the USB cable attached to the printer and plug it into the appropriate port on the computer
- Turn on the printer
- Click on the “Start menu” and go to “Control Panel”
- Search for “Printers and hardware” and click the box on it
- Grab your mouse and click on “Add a printer”
- When you see the “Welcome to the add printer wizard”, click “Next”
- Click “automatically detect and install a plug and play printer” on the page add printer wizard. Click “Next”
- Installing the printer will start if the network can automatically detect it. If not, the message can not detect will appear and you will be prompted to install the printer manually. Click “Next”
- Select the printer port. Use the recommended port to set the best choice.
- Click “Next” Select the manufacturer and printer. Click “Next”
- Type a name or confirm the name if it appears in the printer box and set as the default printer if you want. Click “Next”
- Print a test page which will make sure the printer is set up and online. Click “Next”
- Receive messages successfully complete the printer installation. Click “Finish”
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X
HP Deskjet 5550 Driver Download For Windows
Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows Vista Windows XP
OS X 10,6 OS X 10,7 OS X 10,8 OS X 10,9 OS X 10,10