Samsung SCX-3405 Driver Download
Review– Samsung SCX-3405FW have to draw your attention. Small enough to share a desk with, it offers support for wired and WiFi networks; the ability to scan, work as a standalone copier and fax machine; and the ability to fax from your PC even over a network. Even including a 40-page automatic document feeder (ADF) for letter-size flatbed and let you scan legal-size pages. Add in enough high-quality output and acceptable, if not impressive, the speed, and it is definitely worth a look.
SCX-3405FW is one of several mono laser MFP that is small enough to serve comfortably as a personal printer. In fact it is one of the smallest. Measuring 11.7 by 15.8 by 11.5 inches (HWD), it is smaller than the Editors’ Choice Panasonic KX-MB2000 for example, and roughly the same size as the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M1217nfw which I recently reviewed.
Practical costs of the very small size printer are that it has little room for paper handling features. If you plan to share on the network, 150-sheet feed tray with no manual and automatic duplexing no-limit for lightweight printing even by the standards of the micro office. However, enough paper handling for personal use most where small size is more important, because you will probably want to stick to, or in addition, your table.
Setting up the SCX-3405FW was standard fare. For my tests, I connected to the network using the Ethernet port and running a test of the system Windows Vista.
Samsung rates the printer at 21 pages per minute (ppm) which means you have to look close to that speed when you are printing text files without graphics or photos. On our business applications suite, I timed it (using the hardware and software for this QualityLogic time) at an effective 7.7 ppm, fast enough so that the speed should not be a problem, but it is far from impressive. This is essentially tied with cheaper KX-MB2000 at 8 ppm and significantly slower than the more expensive M1217nfw.
How to Install Printer Without a CD
- Place the computer and printer next to each other and make sure that all cables are connected to the printer and computer
- Turning on the computer and wait for it to boot
- Connect the printer to the wall and then take the USB cable attached to the printer and plug it into the appropriate port on the computer
- Turn on the printer
- Click on the “Start menu” and go to “Control Panel”
- Search for “Printers and hardware” and click the box on it
- Grab your mouse and click on “Add a printer”
- When you see the “Welcome to the add printer wizard”, click “Next”
- Click “automatically detect and install a plug and play printer” on the page add printer wizard. Click “Next”
- Installing the printer will start if the network can automatically detect it. If not, the message can not detect will appear and you will be prompted to install the printer manually. Click “Next”
- Select the printer port. Use the recommended port to set the best choice.
- Click “Next” Select the manufacturer and printer. Click “Next”
- Type a name or confirm the name if it appears in the printer box and set as the default printer if you want. Click “Next”
- Print a test page which will make sure the printer is set up and online. Click “Next”
- Receive messages successfully complete the printer installation. Click “Finish”
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X
Samsung SCX-3405 Driver Download For Windows
Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows Vista Windows XP
OS X 10,6 OS X 10,7 OS X 10,8 OS X 10,9 OS X 10,10