Samsung CLX-3305 Driver Download
Review– A color laser printer is basically the only type of printer I have not had before. Although the broad IT background, I have definitely used them. Laser, inkjet, dot-matrix, etc. You name it, I’ve used. While the current price looks like quite a bit, it is relatively inexpensive compared to what used to cost color laser printer. So let’s see how the Samsung model is successful.
BOX OUT OF
If you open the printer box beforehand, you will not find anything surprising here. You basically have a distinctive box-shaped laser printer with 100 pieces of tape and packing material to keep everything safe. It is compact for a color laser printer, but on-par with the most laser printer. Even if you are an expert on these things still pays to skim over a quick-start guide to make sure you do not forget the packaging material.
There is a power cable, RJ-11 telephone cable, power cable, warranty items, setup instructions, etc. 4 toner cartridges pre-installed, but easy enough to swap out.
Like most high-end printer can physically connect to your LAN, wireless, USB course. I usually go with the cable but decided to give it a try with this printer wireless. To get started, you will need to connect a USB cable and a pop-in CD. I usually skip the CD and download the driver, but the Samsung website will be very slow. Not to mention, the website for the driver is at least a few years out of date. Good luck finding what you need!
Fortunately, as long as you have a CD, the software will install and make sure it is up-to-date for you. I went through basic wireless setup instructions and in about 5 minutes, I was ready to go. The software is not the most user-friendly out there, but it should be simple enough for most people trying to get the basic function of it.
The printer has a standard control to perform basic tasks such as print, fax, scan and copy. There are old-school disappointing monochrome LCD on the front panel. It’s on the small side and not all that easy to read unless you have enough light, and up close. The menu allows you to do everything necessary from the basic to the advanced setup.
But I must warn those who want to jump in there; This really would confuse novice users. The menu layout system has been around for decades and is about as good as it gets for this type of display. Fortunately, the basic controls and setup can be done from the software then you do not need to ever dig into the menu. But for advanced configuration, such as setting up static-IP, on-board control is the only way to do this.
As mentioned previously, the printer itself is very basic and simple. Rear that has a standard port for mobile, network, and power. The front panel gives you easy access to the four toners. Which is good, because it is based on the specification, the heavy print users will swap them quite a bit,
And while on the topic, I always highly recommend seeing the price for replacement toner / ink in the printer that you are going to buy. Especially the laser printer. These things get expensive real fast. Remember, they only cover half full (or more) toner out of the box.
The paper tray at the bottom and will protrude several inches after you add standard sized paper, from the pictures, you might assume it stays there all the way. That does not. I thought it was broken at first. There is a plastic cover so it does not look bad or anything.
How to Install Printer Without a CD
- Place the computer and printer next to each other and make sure that all cables are connected to the printer and computer
- Turning on the computer and wait for it to boot
- Connect the printer to the wall and then take the USB cable attached to the printer and plug it into the appropriate port on the computer
- Turn on the printer
- Click on the “Start menu” and go to “Control Panel”
- Search for “Printers and hardware” and click the box on it
- Grab your mouse and click on “Add a printer”
- When you see the “Welcome to the add printer wizard”, click “Next”
- Click “automatically detect and install a plug and play printer” on the page add printer wizard. Click “Next”
- Installing the printer will start if the network can automatically detect it. If not, the message can not detect will appear and you will be prompted to install the printer manually. Click “Next”
- Select the printer port. Use the recommended port to set the best choice.
- Click “Next” Select the manufacturer and printer. Click “Next”
- Type a name or confirm the name if it appears in the printer box and set as the default printer if you want. Click “Next”
- Print a test page which will make sure the printer is set up and online. Click “Next”
- Receive messages successfully complete the printer installation. Click “Finish”
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X
Samsung CLX-3305 Driver Download For Windows
Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows Vista Windows XP
OS X 10,6 OS X 10,7 OS X 10,8 OS X 10,9 OS X 10,10